Jernej Trnkoczy, M. Sc
Born in Ljubljana, 1975
- engineering degree, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, 2003
- M. Sc degree, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of electrical Engineering, 2007
- Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering, Department of Civil Informatics (2004 - 2007)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Digital Signal, Image and Video Processing Laboratory (from 2007)
From 2004 to 2007 he was employed as a researcher at the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering. He worked on European IST projects (6th FP) DataMiningGrid and InteliGrid. At this time his research interest was mainly focused on grid technologies. In 2007 he started to work as a researcher on Faculty of Electrical Engineering. He was responsible for European research project Victory and the focus of his research activities was therefore on Peer-to-Peer technologies. At the moment he is working on his PhD thesis dealing with optimization of 3D video transfer over packet networks. He is author/co-author of several research articles in various international magazines. Besides his research activities he works as a senior lecturer and teaching assistant at Multimedia communications programme. He devotes a lot of his spare time to photography.
- Research assistant, University of Ljubljana, 2005
- Senior lecturer, University of Ljubljana, 2010
Membership and awards
- Grid technologies.
- Peer-to-Peer technologies.
- Optimization of 3D video transfer over packet networks.
- Engeneering degree thesis: TRNKOCZY, Jernej. Telekomunikacijske storitve v seizmološih sistemih : diplomsko delo. Ljubljana: [J. Trnkoczy], 2003. II, 113 str., graf. prikazi.
- TRNKOCZY, Jernej, TURK, Žiga, STANKOVSKI, Vlado. A grid-based architecture for personalized federation of digital libraries. Libr. collect. acquis. tech. serv., 2006, letn. 30, št. 3-4, str. 139-153, IF=0.32
- STANKOVSKI, Vlado, TRNKOCZY, Jernej. Application of Decision Trees to Smart Homes. V: AUGUSTO, Juan Carlos (ur.), NUGENT, Chris D. (ur.). Designing smart homes : the role of artificial intelligence, (Lecture notes in computer science, Lecture notes in artificial intelligence, 4008), Springer, cop. 2006, str. 130-145, poglavje v monografski publikaciji
- M. Sc degree thesis: TRNKOCZY, Jernej. Vloga ogrodnih tehnologij v sodobnih komunikacijskih sistemih : magistrsko delo. Ljubljana: [J. Trnkoczy], 2007. XV, 155 str., ilustr.
- V. Stankovski, M. Swain, V. Kravtsov, T. Niessen, D. Wegener, M. Rohm, J. Trnkoczy, M. May, J. Franke, A. Schuster and W. Dubitzky, Digging Deep into the Data Mine with DataMiningGrid, IEEE Internet Computing, 2008, letn. 12, št. 6, str. 69-76, IF=1.56.
- TRNKOCZY, Jernej, STANKOVSKI, Vlado, Improving the performance of federated digital library services. FGCS, Future gener. comput. syst.., 2008, letn. 24, št. 8, str. 824-832, IF=1.1
- Dimitris Giakoumis, Michalis Lazaridis, Jernej Trnkoczy, Apostolos Axenopoulos, Gianluca Paravati, Andrea Sanna, Fabrizio Lamberti, Dimitrios Tzovaras, George Hassapis, "Search and retrieval of multimedia objects over a distributed P2P network for mobile devices", IEEE Wireless Communications, Oct. 2009, vol. 16, no. 5, str. 42-49, IF=2.0