Dr. Matej Zajc
University of Ljubljana
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Trzaska 25, 1000 Ljubljana
phone: +386 1 4768 880
Matej Zajc is an Associate professor at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. He teaches courses at bachelor and masters level in the fields of multimedia communications and ICT. His research fields include technology enhanced learning and applications of ambient intelligence.
Recently, together with his team at University of Ljubljana and University of Primorska, he is active in the area of technology enhanced learning with special attention to tangible interaction and its use in the classroom. This interdisciplinary research was awarded by Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS) in 2012 as an exceptional research achievement.
In the area of ambient intelligence, together with his team at the University of Ljubljana, he is active in engineering algorithms for mobile and embedded computing. Recently, research activities were devoted to mobile user's body signals processing needed for new non-clinical healthcare applications. Research was published in international peer-reviewed journals.
As a researcher he leads domestic and European projects in the domain of ICT, technology enhanced learning and multimedia. His scientific carrier includes more than 75 papers in journals and conference proceedings. He co-authored three chapters in scientific books.
Besides his academic carrier, Matej Zajc is also volunteering at IEEE: member of Center for Leadership Excellence Committee (2013 - 2014), past-chair of Slovenia section (2010-2013) and chair of Slovenia SP & CAS chapter (2014 -).
Multimedia Systems: architectures and algorithms, ambient intelligence
Interactive Multimedia technologies: Interactive table, Technology enhanced learning
Digital signal processing: Signal processing for tele-healthcare, algorithm engineering
Modern real-time communication systems and services
- Algorithms and optimization methods in telecommunications, P2-0246
- RAZKORAK, J5-4281, Longitudinal study in competence potential of university graduates and a gap between graduates' competences and labour market requirements in technology, education and health, 2011-2014
- EU IST, 6. framework programme: Enhanced Learning Unlimited, IST-4-027866, 2006-2008.
- IMPONET, Intelligent Monitoring of Power Networks, ITEA 2 project, Eureka, 2010 - 2012 (project web)
- Applied research project: The low-voltage power-line model for rel-time DLCcommunications, L2-7567-1538, ARRS and Iskra EMECO, 2006-2008.
- Digital communications over high-voltage power-lines 01/02
- Bilateral project between Slovenia and Bosna in Hercegovina 07/09
The Complete List of publications: provided by Slovenian Co-operative Online Bibliographic system & services